We are inviting eligible patients in to have their flu vaccines in small batches. Please wait for an invitation.
We will be inviting patients aged 65+ initially during September and from October we will begin inviting those aged 18-64 years who are at risk.
Healthy children aged 2-3 years will be invited in due course as well at young people at risk aged 12-17 years.
Any child aged 4-11 years will be vaccinated at school between October-December so please contact your schools for more information; if you miss it Vaccination UK will be vaccinating children in hubs around Waltham Forest. Information will be sent to you from them.
If you are on the Covid-19 shielded patient list or living with those that are or if you are aged 50-64 years and not in an at risk category we have been advised only if there is a vaccine supply left after all the at risk patients have been vaccinated you can be vaccinated, we will receive more information in November as we have not yet been given the go ahead.
Who is eligible?
- Aged 65 years and above including those turning 65 before 31.03.2021
- Carers, health and social care workers
- Pregnant women
- Living in long-stay residential care homes
- Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Healthy 2-3 year old children
- At risk from one of the following:
- Chronic respiratory disease
- Chronic neurological condition
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic heart disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Morbid obesity
- Spleen problems or no spleen
- Weakened immune system
If you fall within one of the categories listed above and have not been invited, please let us know so we can update your details.
Which vaccinations are we providing this season?
- Aged 65 years and above including those turning 65 before 31.03.21
- Seqirus aTIV Adjuvanated trivalent influenza vaccine.
- At risk and aged 18-64 years
- Sanofi QIVe Quadrivalent influenza vaccine (egg based)
- Healthy 2-3 year olds / at risk 12-17 year olds
- AstraZeneca Fluenz Tetra LAIV Quadrivalent live attenuated influenza vaccine, nasal spray suspension (contains porcine gelatine)
or alternatively; for those who do not wish to have a vaccine containing porcine gelatine or are medically contraindicated can have:
- GSK Fluarix Tetra QIVe Quadrivalent influenza vaccine (egg based) injection
Please note: Those that require an alternative may have to wait until all eligible children have been vaccinated with the recommended nasal spray first as these will be ordered in small batches.
How will I be invited?
If we have an up to date mobile number recorded you will be invited via text message so please ensure you have provided one and given us consent to contact you in this way as soon as possible, patients with a mobile number will be invited first.
If we are unable to contact you by text we will send a letter out by post.
As soon as you receive the text or letter please respond by booking an appointment with us or letting us know if you do not wish to be vaccinated this season so we do not invite you again and able to offer to another cohort of patients. Please DO NOT ignore the invites.
On the day of your appointment if you are feeling unwell or think you may have covid-19 symptoms please contact 111 for further advice and testing, please do not attend the appointment if you are symptomatic.
If you are feeling fine please attend at the time of your appointment to ensure social distancing measures are maintained, if you are running late please inform reception.
When you arrive please come round to the side entrance located in the car park and call us on 02032330870 and let us know you have arrived, it is advisable to arrive by car so you can wait if there is a delay.
Please ensure you wear a face covering if aged 11 years or over as per government advice or you will not be allowed entry to the building.
We appreciate your patience in these unpredictable times.