- Colds, most coughs, sinusitis, ear infections and sore throats get better without any antibiotics, as your body can usually fight these infections on its own.
- The best way to treat most colds, coughs or sore throats is plenty of fluids and rest.
- Without effective antibiotics many routine operations like hip replacements, organ transplants, caesarean sections and treatments for sepsis or chemotherapy will become increasingly dangerous or impossible.
- Over-use of antibiotics can lead to the development of drug-resistant bacteria which can cause serious infections.
- Antibiotics can cause side effects such as rashes, thrush, stomach pains, diarrhoea, reactions to sunlight and other symptoms.
- Help conserve antibiotics so that they remain effective.
- Protect yourself, your family and friends against the spread of antibiotic resistance. Become an antibiotic guardian today!