- AAA screening is offered to men during the year they turn 65 as they are most at risk of AAAs.
- AAA screening is a way of checking if there’s a bulge or swelling in the aorta, the main blood vessel that runs from your heart down through your tummy.
- Screening can help spot a swelling in the aorta early on when it can be treated.
- Screening is done via a simple ultrasound scan and usually lasts less than 10 minutes.
- You will get your results straight away and a copy will be sent to the practice.
For more information please visit: www.nhs.uk/aaa
To opt out of screening visit: www.gov.uk/phe/screening-opt-out.