Patient Participation Group
The aim of the Patients Participation Group is to represent the interests and views of patients so as to improve the services of the Practice to all patients.
We have a PPG promotion week coming up from the 19th-24th of June 2017.
In Particular Our Objectives Are To:
- assist the Practice in improving services to patients by working with the practice managers to clarify and agree the objectives of the Practice and monitor their implementation
- support and encourage the work of the Practice, including supporting the Practice in its dealings with other bodies including, when appropriate, the PCT
- represent patients’ views to the Practice
- consider any comments (positive and negative) of the services provided by the Practice and to assist the Practice in responding to them
- provide any advice including insights into the implications of the patient survey findings
- review and comment on the Practice Action Plan
- carry out quarterly inspections of the public areas of the Practice premises and report any problems to the practice managers, and review the posters on display bi-monthly
How We Work
- We are all volunteer patients of the Practice who have responded to requests from the Practice to establish a PPG
- We meet every 6-8 weeks
- We are guided and inducted in our work by the practice managers who attend part of our meetings
- The size of our Group is limited to 12 members and we are always keen to find new volunteers
- We elect a Chair and Secretary annually at our AGM held each April
- New members who express an interest and commitment will be invited to join us by the practice managers and will be provided with a copy of recent minutes and other papers.
UPDATE (30/03/2015): Please CLICK HERE for a joint report from the Practice and our Patient Participation Group (PPG) highlighting the make up of our PPG as well as our achievements in the last 12 months.http://www.thestjamespractice.co.uk/website/F86058/files/Debbie_PPG1.pdf
Patient Participation Report Survey & Improvement Plans 2014/2015 now available to view CLICK HERE
http://www.thestjamespractice.co.uk/website/F86058/files/Debbie_PPG1.pdf http://www.thestjamespractice.co.uk/website/F86058/files/Debbie_PPG1.pdf http://www.thestjamespractice.co.uk/website/F86058/files/Debbie_PPG1.pdf