It is our belief that the relationship that exists between a doctor and his/her patient is one of mutual trust. The sole aim for us as a Practice Team is to provide the best possible service to our patients and to care for you. The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and our Primary Health Care Team. The success of that partnership depends on co-operation between us.
- You will be treated as an individual and will be shown courtesy and respect at all times irrespective of race, religious or cultural beliefs, gender or disability.
- You will be seen by the Doctor of your choice whenever possible.
- An out of hours emergency service is available for patients whose conditions are severe and cannot wait until normal surgery hours.
- You have a right to confidentiality.
- You will be informed if there will be a delay of more than 30 minutes for your appointment.
- Your repeat prescription will be ready for collection within 48 working hours of your request.
- You have the right to see your health records, subject to the limitations in the law. A charge may be made.
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly.
- Please treat all practice staff with courtesy and respect.
- Please do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself.
- Remember, you are responsible for your own health and that of your children. We will give you our professional help and advice. Please act upon it.
- Please tell us immediately of any change of name, address, telephone numbers etc.
- An appointment is for ONE PERSON only.
- Only request a same day emergency appointment if the problem is a MEDICAL emergency.
- Home visit requests should be made before 10.30am whenever possible and should be MEDICALLY justifiable and not for social reasons.
- Out of Hours Service (e.g. evenings, nights, weekends, bank holidays etc.) should only be used by those patients whose conditions are severe and cannot wait until normal surgery hours.
- Please let us know if you are unable to keep or no longer require a booked appointment. We can then offer it to another patient.
- Please keep your phone calls to the surgery brief and avoid calling during peak morning time for non-urgent matters.
- Test results take time to reach us, so please do not ring before you have been asked to do so.
- Please read the REPEAT PRESCRIPTION procedure in our practice booklet or see our Repeat Prescription page.
- Please do not ask the Doctor or Nurse to issue repeat prescriptions during consultation time.
Please read our practice booklet. This will help you to get the best out of the services we offer.
We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that ONE APPOINTMENT IS FOR ONE PROBLEM ONLY. As you can understand, GPs need more time to deal with your problems as each appointment is only 10 minutes.
If you have any comment to make about our Charter, be it good or bad, the Practice would like to hear about it. Please contact the Practice Manager who will be happy to discuss any aspect of the surgery services with you.